Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs have different and similar characteristics. The most basic feature of these vehicles is that they are vehicles specially designed for disabled, injured, or elderly people who have difficulty moving.
Before purchasing this vehicle, you should be informed about its pros and cons. In this article, we will present information about the pros and cons of mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs. If you are torn between the two choices and can’t decide, you can review the article we have prepared for you below.
What Are Mobility Scooters?
The most well-known performance feature of mobility scooters, which many people are happy to use, is that speed and direction can be easily adjusted. Mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs are designed for people who are unable to walk and move. But mobility scooters are different from one another with some pros and cons.
- The Pros Of Mobility Scooters
Mobility scooters have many plus points. The most important advantage is that it is easy to use and offers comfortable travel. Other pros of mobility scooters are the following: Other pros of mobility scooters are the following:
- Since it is very easy to use, people who have never used this vehicle before can use it safely and comfortably.
- It provides easy driving on difficult and steep terrain.
- They come in different sizes and weights so they can be easily folded.
- The Cons Of Mobility Scooters
Mobility scooters also have their cons. These are the cons of these vehicles:
- Physical strength is required to make good use of the vehicle’s mobility. There is sufficient power capacity to move and steer the mobility scooter.
- Some models are not foldable and therefore not suitable for storage in small spaces.
- It is not suitable for indoor use, but can only be used outdoors.
What Are Electric Wheelchairs?
Electric wheelchairs, also known as battery-powered wheelchairs, are vehicles designed for disabled individuals. These vehicles, which can be controlled by touch buttons, are generally designed by mounting armrests together. These features should be considered when choosing this vehicle, which has both pros and cons.
- The Pros Of Electric Wheelchairs
Electric wheelchairs have distinct advantages over other vehicles. The pros of battery-powered electric wheelchairs include:
- Since it does not require any strength, it is very suitable for people who are unable to move.
- The special seat design allows users to sit comfortably. Thus, people do not feel pain in their waist, neck, and shoulders while sitting.
- They are also suitable for indoor use as they are easy to maneuver.
- The Cons Of Electric Wheelchairs
Electric wheelchairs have their pros but also their cons. The cons in the question of these vehicles are as follows:
- Since the touch buttons of these vehicles are sensitive, care must be taken when controlling movement.
- The vehicle is more difficult to control than mobility scooters.
- A mobility scooter is ideal for traveling, while an electric wheelchair is not.
- The weight capacity is also high, which can make it difficult to carry.
Should I Prefer Mobility Scooters Or Electric Wheelchairs?
There is a basic point that makes the choice of mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs easier. If the person is completely incapable of moving, they should choose the electric wheelchair, if they have a partial disability, they should choose the mobility scooter. Body condition is therefore the main factor to choose between these vehicles.